Fast Growing General Purpose Grass Seed


10% off when you spend over £60 – use code ’10off’

  • A great grass seed for areas of lawn with everyday use
  • Rapid germination and establishment from the perennial ryegrass grass seed
  • Withstands heavy foot traffic and wear
  • Ideal to create a lawn or landscape area which looks good and can be used by everyone
  • Attractive appearance
  • Will produce a very fine leaved and dense lawn
Actual Area (sq m)
Total Price


Our general purpose grass seed is a special mix of seeds that create a beautiful lawn, which is also hard wearing. Perfect for the back garden in any domestic UK household

When & where to sow fast growing, general purpose grass seed

Whether overseeding or seeding from scratch, our grass seed should be sown when the soil temperature is above 8-10 degrees and when there is no frost forecast. General Purpose grass seed needs light, moisture and warm soil to germinate. Note, the soil temperature is always warmer than the temperature in the air. Below are the benefits and precautionary measures to take when sowing at different times fo year.

Do sow in Autumn

Autumn is often said to be the best time to sow grass seed because of the warm days and damp evenings/mornings. Typically September to November in the UK can give you the perfect growing conditions needed for germination. However be careful not to get caught out by early frost. If the days are dry, water the seed twice a day to maintain moisture levels.

Weed growth also slows down in the Autumn, giving your new grass seed a much better chance of out competing them.

Do sow in Spring

Spring is one of the best times to get your lawn looking great again and you will often find late February to May in the UK can give you the perfect growing conditions as mentioned above. Be sure not to get caught out by late frost in the Spring.

Spring rain will also help the roots establish themselves quickly.

Do sow in Summer

Long light hours and warm soil in the Summer means our grass seed will germinate well at this time of year. However, if the weather forecast is dry for the upcoming days, you must water the seeds every day so to maintain moisture levels in the soil.

Don’t sow in Winter

If you want the best chances of success, then avoid sowing our grass seed in the Winter (December / January / early Feb). You are battling with too many adverse elements. Such as, leaves moulding on the ground, high chance of frost, cold soil and not much light. All these things mean conditions are too adverse for grass seed to germinate.

In Summary

For best results, you should sow grass seed when the weather is fair – not to hot and not too cold. Don’t sow if frost is forecast. The soil must be above 8 degrees Celsius for the seed to germinate.

How to apply

When seeding from scratch, apply our pre-seed lawn feed 48 hours beforehand because it will give you a greater germination success rate from seed to shoot.

Use this grass seed where you want a nice looking lawn but also want to make use of it in the Summer. The 60% Perrennial Rye gives it great hard wearing and recovery features whereas the the remaining 40% fescues give it a very fine look and feel. Making it a stand out option for any front or back garden.

Additional information

Seeding Purpose

Overseeding (25g/m2), From Scratch (35g/m2)

Seed Coverage (m2)

15m2, 20m2, 30m2, 40m2, 50m2, 65m2, 70m2, 80m2, 90m2, 100m2, 110m2, 130m2, 140m2, 150m2, 180m2, 200m2, 210m2, 280m2


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Fast Growing General Purpose Grass Seed”

Your email address will not be published.

Our customers love the service

We actively collect reviews on TrustPilot and would love to hear your thoughts. Read below to see some of our most recent feedback.

trustpilot Lawn Feed Reviews

from over 50 reviews

Get a discounted quote

Do you need large amounts of product with fast delivery? If you’re covering over 750m2, you may qualify for our special discounts. Simply get in touch using the form below and we’ll give you a quote.